Man dies while taking selfie on top of train

 Photo: Damaged Cupcake/Flickr

 

 

 

Source: The Local Es

A 21-year-old from southern Spain died on Saturday after being electrocuted when he climbed on to a train to take a photo of himself with friends.

 

 

 

 

The young man from the Andalusian town of Andújar suffered the fatal blow when he touched a high-voltage wire on a train he and his friends had assumed was not electrified.

 

They'd clambered on top of the parked wagon at Andújar train station to take a picture of themselves when they suffered the severe electric shock.

 

Spanish online daily Ideal reported that a 3,5000-volt discharge killed the young man as he went to take the photo.

 

Local paramedics and police rushed to the scene but found the 21-year-old was already dead.

 

One of his friends survived the shock but remains in a serious condition at the local Alto Guadalquivir Hospital.

 

Andújar's mayor has declared three days of mourning for the town of 40,000 people in the middle of olive growing country.