No matter what the situation is, here are some expert-approved tips fromWell + Goodon how to get out of plans at the last minute:
- Make a phone call- Texts are too insincere. Plus this gives the person the chance to hear the regret in your tone.
- Apologize up front- This shows that you respect their time. It’s especially important if your cancellation is changing all of their plans.
- If you have no real excuse, don’t make one up- Try to avoid telling a straight-up lie. Instead, keep it vague.
- Offer to reschedule- Doing so lets the person know you aren’t giving up on them personally and you still value your relationship with them.
- Avoid posting publicly on social media- It’s best to lay low and not get caught blowing anyone off.
- Don’t cancel the next time- At this point, you're sort of in a debt and if they’re a good friend, you owe it to them to make it up. Otherwise, you’ll begin to jeopardize your reliability.
- READ MORE HERE