Mom of 4 shares her beach hacks
Shannon is a mother of 4 and a popular TikToker and recently released a video with some of her beach "hacks". Now we are the beach state, so if ANYONE knows beach hacks, it's us! Let's see what Shannon says to see if she can teach us anything...
1) Baby powder takes sand off- yeah, we all know this one, but then you are covered in baby powder. So I guess it's up to you to decide what is easier to get out of your car, sand,or baby powder residue?
2) Use a laundry basket to shake off sand- put your beach toys, clothes, etc in the basket and shake it out before you put it into your car. Yes and no. It doesn't go far enough. Take the laundry basket full of your toys, clothes and whatnot and rinse it off FIRST, then you put it into your vehicle. A simple "shake" ain't gonna do it
3) A fitted sheet for a sand-free area- my God Shannon, are you even trying? EVERYBODY knows the fitted sheet and you put bags, or a cooler, or whatever in the corners to make a little sand-free area with a little barrier and it sounds great in THEORY, but in practice your kids are just dragging their sandy feet all into the area anyway and it'll be covered in sand just like everything else. You're at the beach, get used to it
4) A small bucket as a foot-washing station- again, we ALL know this
5) Encourage sunblock use with makeup brushes- all little girls and some little boys love to play "makeup" and kids are dumb, so trick them into putting sunblock on with makeup brushes and sponges. This actually is a good idea I have never heard of and also, for anyone applying sunblock this way seems MUCH easier and will get you better coverage than just pouring some on your had and smearing it onto your face.
She has a lot of little beach tips and hacks and you can see more here