Science tells us why Doritos taste so damn good
Do we need science to tell us that Doritos taste good? No. But what about WHY they taste so good? Well, grab a bag of those gifts of nacho love sent straight from God and read on! First of all, there is a scientific reason why the nacho cheese Doritos is the best tasting chip of all time. In fact, there are FIVE reasons as to why they are the perfect chip:
1) They seem to just "melt" in your mouth and it has a “vanishing caloric density” that delays the “feeling of fullness", that's why you can eat an entire bag without feeling full
2) Half of Nacho Cheese Doritos calories come from fat. Fatty foods hit the trigeminal nerve which goes to the brain’s pleasure center
3) The nacho cheese dust is ground SO fine that it maximizes the amount that hits saliva, resulting in a "flavor orgasm"
4) The perfect blend of romano, garlic, and salt. It's actually scientifically enhanced to increase flavor! Romano is heavy in amino acids, garlic causes flavor to linger and salt stimulates the pleasure center of the brain. The makers of Doritos are geniuses for sure!
5) MSG, a.k.a. monosodium glutamate...not even sure what it is, but it makes the "brain sizzle" and we love it, so there you go.
To find out more about what makes us love Doritos so much, use your orange-stained fingers to click here